Friday, June 29, 2007

My trip to Oman

I visited Oman in August 2006. It was hot, but then I knew that prior to leaving. It was quite an adventure just wow. Gorgeous. Oman is diverse and the people were very friendly. Their hospitality in the Gulf region preceeds them. I highly recommend visiting this lovely country once they have recovered from that cyclone Gonu. The picture posted here are two Omanis in their native dress, the Disdasha. We visited one of the many
gorgeous forts to be found scattered throughout the region.
I hope to return one day. Also I highly recommend the local cuisine. I am a fan of rice. Hmmmm....being half Puerto Rican I wonder why? :)

To get there took about a full day. I flew on Air France (yummy food--I usually detest airline food). And had a layover in Paris.

I will post more pictures later on to share my experiences with this lovely Middle Eastern nation!

No comments: