Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Lion King

Simba is my two year old Himalayan or "Himmie" and I adore him. He runs the house and Luna, my five year old mutt of a cat. He is my faithful companion, always there when I come home after work and letting me know if I am late. Very vocal but he adds life to my home in so many many ways.
I bought him from this farm in Illinois, one of the best decisions I made. These two pictures are my favorite of Simba. The one on the couch, well, he was caught hugging my bear. I placed the remotes by him just to take this picture showing how spoiled he is. The other picture was money that we used as a prop and he was a "willing subject." You can see my daughter's hands.
I adore this little guy to pieces. I remember when I brought him home I brought this box. I layered it with an old quilt but no, he did not want none of that. He howled and then when I was driving I heard these little nails making their way up my back seat and then he settled himself into the curve of my neck. He stayed there for the hour long trip home. I was hooked. Well, he hooked me. When I bought him from the farm there was him and a brother. Now Simba's original name was "Mama's Boy" but I chose to name him after my favorite character from the Lion King.

He is so hilarious and keeps me in stitches every day. Because he is a Himmie he tends to be very vocal. Himmies are originally bred from Siamese and the Persian. That gives them their sweet personality and color points. Simba is a Blue Point. I plan on sticking with this breed. The only down side is the shedding but I still would not trade him for anything in this world!

No comments: