Monday, September 8, 2008

Struggling with faith

Not necessarily faith in myself but my religious faith.

I was brought up Roman Catholic in a Hispanic household. Baptized at approx. 6 months of age.


Though I will always cherish the Saints and the traditions of the Roman Catholic Church I wonder though....is it the right faith for me?


An interesting book to read is My Struggle with Faith by Father Joseph E. Girzone.


Reverand Marlene S. Blackhad this to say about the book:


What I found to be refreshing was that despite the author's affiliation with the Catholic church he does not go out of his way to cast it in a particularly flattering light. His assessments are fair and honest. He plunges headlong into the religious/political 'hot potatoes' giving his take on the issues.

It is clear that Girzone longs for the type of church outlined by Jesus during His earthly ministry. He is a man not to idly follow the masses. He sets out on his own quest and brings his readers along on the educational journey. Everyone who reads this book will walk away with a new understanding of their own personal faith. All church leaders would benefit greatly from reading this inspiring book.

My Struggle with Faith opens eyes to how much more time could be devoted to the study of the Word and building that closer relationship with Jesus that the human soul longs for and was created for. Mankind looks more to ritual than relationship. I trust Fr. Girzone's book will change many lives. A tremendous addition to any readers collection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like another book to buy and read....keep in my "forever" library.

1 comment:

Wilmaryad said...

Your blog is a torrent of fresh breeze - a flow of noble intentions and sentiments - a solace in a dim world.

Keep up the good work!