Friday, August 3, 2007

FAMILY AND HISTORY


I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN ADVOCATE FOR GENEALOGY. I love discovering where I come from.
One of my Puerto Rican aunts told me that my grandfather, pictured here in his WWII uniform, has a very interesting bloodline. His biological father stemmed from Corsica which is off the coast of France and Italy.
I wonder whose blood runs through my veins. I would love to conduct an Indiana Jones type of discovery regarding origins of my ancestors. If I had the money I would most definitely track down my genealogy through genetics.
I saw this awesome program on the National Geographic channel regarding the genome project and tracing man's roots through the "Y" chromosome back to the "scientific Adam".
I feel that by tracing my roots I can bring the history of my forefathers to present day and their names, lives, memories would live on. I wish I had the ability to do this, to find out where my ancestors originated from. I am big on family, on history. My grandmother gave me her family bible before she passed away a few years ago and some of those dates go back as much as the late 1700's. Just awesome.
Some websites:

No comments: