Thursday, August 2, 2007

Loving Life--living it...........

Well, dad is home. Bad urinary tract infection. I told him he needs to take better care of his health. Hopefully he will mom is getting too old to deal with these
kinds of dramas.

Lately I Have been contemplating my role in life and the universe maybe it has to do with turning 40 next year. A kind of "mid-life crisis." Who knows. I have never been married but I do not see this as some sort of downfall. I am happy to have had a long relationship with my Omani ex and that he and I had a lot of good times.

I am also grateful I never faced divorce. I could not imagine losing my life partner in something so ugly. I understand that some people are just not compatible but it seems to me that when married you should try your damnedest to make things work. I was confronted by someone who thought at my age it is weird I never been married...and this person well, his marriage history was a joke...married three times and was currently separated from his fourth wife. Ummmmm....I do not think I would be BRAGGING about that either! I would much RATHER be single at 38 than have four failed marriages and of course was never HIS fault. Go figure!!!

Now, if the partner is abusive (or you) cheating etc...I see no reason to remain married. That kind of stuff does not fly with me. I also do not believe love is like what we read in those sappy romance novels. Though I wrote a romance novel myself, and it ended with the two getting married, sometimes those kinds of relationships do not work in real life. Some do and some do not. I honestly feel that people marry either for the wrong reasons or think marriage will solve every single problem in the relationship WITHOUT WORK!

I sometimes feel like saying: "COME ON people....life is short, live your life loving it and love your wife/husband...work things out and quit fighting about the petty stuff!!" Maybe easier said than done but man....why get so worked up over the little things (i.e. who is on the Internet longer or who did the dishes, or why did you leave the toothpaste cap off??). Work together, love one another. Maybe this concept is too simple or complex for some??????????

Love life and live it!! Quit whining and do something with your relationships! Create a spark, solve an issue but quit procrastinating, belittling, do what it takes to make your life worthwhile!!.

No comments: