Thursday, August 9, 2007

GOING BACK TO COLLEGE

I AM AT A QUANDARY. I have three degrees yet for the life of me having a hard time finding a job that mirrors my qualities. My family and friends all tell me I would be a great social worker...s0 alas...........I am going to find out more information from UMSL to see if they will take some of my classes so that I will not have to be stuck in a classroom environment for another four years. I hope that they will take me and I can be on the road sooner regarding my career.
An uncle of mine in Puerto Rico is in his early 50's and is pursuing his PHD. I admire him. My grandmother who is 87 finally own the deed to her home in her early 80's. So...no one is too old to try and try harder. On my mother's side of the family they tend to live out long lives. Mom told me of an uncle who died at 100. And just recently one of her uncles died at 93. She had an aunt who died at 90.
I hope and pray God graces me with a long and fruitful life such as these family members had.
I loved college...the camaraderie, learning, pushing my mental limits. I was more active in my graduate alumni than my undergrad. I loved it all. A part of me was happier also when I was struggling on welfare and had student loans raising a young child then now. Perhaps because I WAS younger...still had my whole life ahead of me...still so many dreams to fulfill.
I try my best not to get too cynical for life is short and we should do our best to enjoy every precious moment of it all...........my daughter starts college in a week. She is nervous and excited at the same time. I admire her courage. She is dyslexic and had several learning disabilities, however she earned a 3.8 and was inducted into the National Honor Society. I am like: "You GO girl!"
I will keep this blog posted on my endeavours.............God willing things will go according to plan.

No comments: