Saturday, August 25, 2007

Being without power

Nothing sucks more than having to deal with no electricity. Talk about being spoiled. I take my lights for granted, having a fridge to keep my perishables cold, the tv, walking around with lights...everything. We had a bad storm yesterday and the winds were clocked at over 70mph. Now it is a pain in the ass to do anything. I am trying not to get too down about it. I mean, I am grateful I have a roof over my head and a job to go to. I bought a Stephen King novel to read and will probably do some well-deserved cleaning around my place. My daughter though goes nuts without power. She is a YouTube junkie and loves tv. I can handle it for a few days. Growing up in Indiana I remember power going out on a regular basis due to the numerous tornadoes in the area. Plus we had well water and that was ran by an electric pump. Dad had to fill up buckets (and later us when we were older) to run the toilet. I read books then too. I am using my cell phone, which as a built in alarm, to wake me up like today to do overtime at work.

I will worship the electric while here at my computer desk then return to the dark ages........

No comments: