Monday, September 10, 2007

Embracing One's Faith

SOMETIMES I WONDER WHAT JESUS WOULD THINK OF MODERN CHRISTIANITY? Have we floundered from his mission, his true calling of bringing humanity together in the name of God, of peace? Sometimes I wonder about this and sometimes I wonder if I am following in God's footsteps as Jesus taught us to do. I have debated over and over whether or not to remain a Catholic. I struggle every day with my faith in God. I know that God exists but does He exist the way Modern Christianity has dictated? And by dictated I mean the political dilemmas this world is facing, a crisis of conscience. Am I raising my child properly to uphold the teachings of Jesus Christ? I will return to church but in my heart I wonder always if this is what and how we are suppose to be following God and revering him? Am I wrong to have my doubts. HAS Christianity been compromised by the bottom dollar ($$$$) by politics and other worldly means? What kind of path am I following? Will I even get to where I am going? As the pop culture saying goes: What Would Jesus Do??

No comments: