Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today I turn 39

WOW....hard to believe. My mom called and had my grandmother on the line. They sang Happy Birthday to me in Spanish. I love the songs:

Estas son Las manañitas
(These are the morning songs)
que cantaba el Rey David. (that King David sang.)
Hoy por ser día de tu santo (For today to be the day of your saint)
te las cantamos así. (we sing to you like this.)
¡Despierta, mi bien, despierta! (Wake up, my dear. Wake up!)
Mira que ya amaneció. (See that it is already dawn...)
Qué linda está la mañana en que vengo a saludarte...
(How beautiful is the morning in which I come to greet you...

Feliz, feliz en tu día,Amiguito(a) qué Dios te bendiga,Y qué reine la paz en tu día,Y qué cumplas muchos más.

Happy, happy on your day,Friend, may God bless you,May peace reign on your day,And may you have/complete many more (birthdays, years).

3 comments:

Taras said...

¡Feliz cumpleaños!:)

Luisa said...

Buon compleanno :-)

Marianna said...

Thanks guys! I hope to live to see 100, God willing. Ready to conquor the world!