Wednesday, September 19, 2007

To exercise or not to exercise

I just found out that my gym at work with the National Archives no longer has those anal supervisors that you had to beg and plead to join. Well, they wanted all these letters from my doc saying it was okay to join and all this red tape, blah blah blah....now I am going to go twice a week and then starting November take up Tae Kwon Do so I can be in better shape.



The thing is...just STARTING this and not wavering. I hate to exercise but as I get older and I DO see some changes occurring on my muscle tone etc...if I want to look good as I creep into middle age I need to be pro-active. I see the positive correlation to working out and keeping fit but should this be done because of vanity or for health?? I know I am vain and is a curse but I also know I am tired of being tired.............so I will keep my blog posted to my illicit progress and HOPEFULLY my energy will return and I will look good to boot! ;-)

2 comments:

Rose Bud said...

EXERCISE! I hate that word, but am trying to overcome my adversion to it, if you know what I mean. Good luck!

Marianna said...

Thanks Rose Bud. When I was in the Army exercise was manditory and I was in the best possible shape. Now...argh....not bad but could be better. But the best thing is to do it because you want to and it is healthy. The hardest part is just getting started.