Friday, September 21, 2007

GOOGLING and YAHOOING



OH MY GOD IS IT HARD TO FIND ANYTHING ON THE NET! I remember "fondly" my first experience utilizing the Internet. This was back in college in the early 90's. I was totally addicted (hmmm...like I am NOT now??)....I have to admit that the search engines are better. However, there is so much CRAP on the net it is hard to filter through sometimes in finding what you are seeking. I do love exquisite convenience of it...just when you get like a trillion hits on something like: generation x clip art...makes you want to pull your hair out.


Now I have seen the slow downward spiral of Yahoo. It was my favorite search engine until I was introduced to Google. Then, when my yahoo email account was being bombarded with a gazillion junk mail I had to sadly leave it. This was my first email account established in 1994 and I was hard pressed to leave it and for some reason the spam folder did not work so I switched to google. The only thing I do not like about gmail is how it cache's your emails and makes it a tad confusing in trying to find an email or answering a prior request. All in all I am content with google and love to search for obscure items. Good luck to all who have the patience and fortitude to weed through all the hits! :-)

No comments: