Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Contemplating reenlisting into the Army

I need to get a medical waiver so must beg and plead. (MAY or MAY NOT do the trick). I have a wealth of experience and three degrees. I could see about going through OCS (Officer Candidtate School) and finish off my career like I wanted to in the first place: earn my degrees and become an officer. I did love being enlisted but I want to put my degrees to good use and make more money for retirement.



I am going to write a letter today to a local recruiter along with sending my military separation documents & some glowing NCO evals & see what they can do for me. A part of me is afraid to go to Iraq. I don't want to go but at the same time it is my responsibility to go if I reenlist. Part of the program guys is to fulfill your obligation to your country. Though I do not believe in the war, I believe in myself and what I stand for.

I hope the war ends soon, not because I do not want to go over there but due to the thousands of lives lost from our end and for the Iraqis. Time for peace.

No comments: