Monday, October 15, 2007

Learning how to cook??!@##$???


I am quite the novice in the cooking dept. I did mix a dish or two growing up (i.e. homemade pizza, biscuits, mmm--making myself hungry just thinking about this).


My mom bought me a slow cooking pot thingamajig..for my birthday and she will be bringing that up for Thanksgiving. I promised to make a Puerto Rican turkey for the family so I hope I do okay. God willing everything will turn out just fine and I will only receive a little bit of ribbing from my brother in law. :-)


Cooking for me will be a creative way to relax, take up some time, and enjoy the delicious fruit of my labors. I want to see how well I can prepare some dishes (I tend to like the spicey exotic kind) that I have seen on the tele and on the 'net. My daughter wants to help and she sorely needs some learnin' also.....just so she can survive on her own once she decides to be independent enough to move out. No rush...I am happy right where she is at...

No comments: