Thursday, October 4, 2007

Verde Luz.............


I first listened to this when I was a kid. It is a song about Puerto Rico. Some people say it should be their national anthem. Sounds beautiful when you hear it. These are the lyrics and then I translated them so you could understand:

Verde luz de monte y mar,
isla virgen del coral,
si me ausento de tus playas primorosas,
si me alejo de tus palmas silenciosas,
quiero volver, quiero volver.

A sentir la tibia arena a dormir en tus riberas,
isla mía, flor cautiva,
para ti quiero tener.
Libre tu cielo, sola tu estrellaisla doncella,
quiero tener, verde luz de monte y mar.

Green light of mount and sea,
virgin island of the coral,
if I stay away from your exquisite beaches,
if I move away from your silent palms,
I want to return, want to return.
To feeling the lukewarm sand to sleeping in your banks,
my island, captive flower,
for you I want to have.
Free your sky,
alone your star island maiden,
I want to have,
green light of mount and sea.

No comments: