Monday, October 1, 2007

Overtime and making $$$$$$$$$$$$


My organization has offered overtime for the month of October. I am already going to take it. It pays time and a half which is not bad...but double time would be even that much better. :-)
One thing I like about Uncle Sam is that when the holidays do roll around we can pretty much be guaranteed overtime hours. I know that after Labor Day we do have quite a few three day weekends. If I throw in some leave here and there I could easily make do with some nice vacation time. However, trying to bank my hours so I can go to Paris next year for my 40th.........man oh man will that be a birthday bash.
In the meantime it behooves me to put away what I can for a rainy day. $$$ security is essential. Just good practice, makes good sense...............ironic in that we have issues within our federal government when it comes to doling out the $$$$ for our budgets. However, quite sure congress and senate will pass their laws to increase their own inflated salaries!

No comments: