Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Essence of Family


I remember Puerto Rico as this island Paradise where I could roam as a child safe from harm, always had a huge family to go back to, play with, learn from. I took for granted visiting this little island in the Caribbean. Now that I am older I realize how much I miss going there. Finding the time to go and the $$$$ seems more difficult now then before. I feel guilty not being able to see my grandmother and I wish I could just fly down there and say hello, bendicion. How are things? Many things go through one's mind as we get older what we should do, what is proper. I missed out on so much of my family there. Sometimes I feel like a stranger. Not really a part of that central unit. I should have made a better effort at making time to go down there before it becomes too late.

No comments: