Monday, July 16, 2007

Exercise


I do not like to exercise but realize I have to. Especially now at 38 years of age & 40 staring me in the face I need to keep up to date on my health and looking good. I want to look good for me, not for a man, not for anyone, just me. I think American society has placed so much pressure on young girls and women to just look good that they go to extremes to look healthy and beautiful. I think that 40 is the new 30 because we ladies are living longer. In addition, I do have good genes on my mother's Puerto Rican side for longevity. I hope to live to be 100. I just do not want to look or feel like a walking corpse to get there.


I bought my bike helment yesterday from Walmart, just under $8.00. Not a bad deal. There is a wonderful trail, Grant's Trail, (btw runs 8 miles) by my home that I plan on using. Every day I see families riding. In Missouri, especially Webster Groves, we have to wear a bike helmet so I relented an bought one. Indiana does not require it, interesting how each state is different with its own set of rules.


Anyway, I hope to get my bike in August. I look fwd to feeling free like a bird again.

No comments: