Saturday, July 21, 2007

My daughter is home from Japan!!!


I am sooooooooo happy to have her back. When I saw her I just hugged & smelled her (Well........I AM a mom)...& man...almost cried having her back. I had to almost pinch myself knowing my kid had returned. Yeah, yeah...so sue me...You know I am after all half Latina....
I just missed her soooo much. I know I will eventually have to let her go but at the moment it seems this little bird is teetering on the edge of her nest. However, mom will always be here to support her and cherish her all the days of her life.
I always support kids exploring cultures outside of their own. It helps to broaden one's horizons...makes you appreciate your own sense of self...your country...I am glad my daughter was able to have this opportunity to discover who and what she is outside of myself (this was her first trip away from family)...and to see the world. Things like this are priceless.

No comments: