Saturday, July 21, 2007

Missouri Botanical Gardens


Today I took my mom and jet-lagged daughter to see the gardens. Today it was free for Missouri residents. We had a great time..no fantastic time. I always wanted to bring mom here since she has always had an obsession with plants and flowers. She would be the one person I know who would appreciate this place. Jessy and I took tons of pictures and will be using them in this blog. I have found fantastic ideas for artwork regarding photography through the various blogs I have read. I hope to contribute more info on my own daily rants.


Luckily, it wasn't the usual Midwestern humidity that makes you want to run into the very first air conditioning building. It became hot later on. Mom really loved the climatron which is like a tropical rainforest blooming year round. I really digged the statues and Jessy had a grand time taking pictures of the various flora.
The usual cost for Missouri residents is $4.00 and $8.00 for non-residents. Still a steal due to the absolute beauty and expansive spread. Seems like every time I visit there always is a wedding going on (this time I saw 3 setting up).
Highly recommend anyone interested in visiting some place like this on a budget...St. Louis has a lot to offer as far as reasonable entertainment.

No comments: