Thursday, July 19, 2007

Omani Blogs




I love reading blogs from overseas, especially the Middle East since I have been fascinated with the culture there for like 4ever.




I do especially enjoy reading blog from Middle Eastern women to get their perspective on their life there. I know that in the West a lot of men and women think these Middle Eastern counterparts live unhappy repressed lives, maybe some but not all. Everything is relative and when I was in Oman I did not see the women as being repressed. They cover due to religion, partly I think also due to culture but for the most part they all looked very stylish in their abayas and hijab. I felt out of place with my head uncovered. I was not pressured to wear the veil like some people would think. I also felt very safe while in Oman and recommend it as a beautiful place to visit but do so in the winter months when it is less humid and hot.

No comments: