Friday, May 9, 2008

CHICAGO!!!!! And other rants!!!!!!

Leaving for the windy city today. Right now overcast. GRAY and can we say....more GRAY???

Honestly man....where is the sunshine?




It is Spring right????????????

RIGHT?????????????


I am longing for the sun, blue skies, fluffy white clouds....no humidity though..not of that oppressive Midwestern crap.

Anyway, am all jolly---despite some ranting trust me......

Glad to leave St. Louis for a little while.

Suffer from wander lust...hell all my life.

Love to travel.....

Simply to get away from the doldrums of daily living. Gotta have that little shot of excitement--something different (not just vanilla) once in awhile.

Looked at tickets and hotel packages to Miami for the wedding. Not too bad considering. If I am going to spend my hard earned $$$ it had better be on some place different and not in my gas tank.

Really...............

How long are these prices going to continue? I think about the average American......especially those working on minimum wage. I am like wow more than half of their hourly salary goes towards gas.

Hmmmmmm.....................

Again, we need to have a collective voice....come on.....I know our reserves won't last forever....we have our grandchildren and greatgrandchildren's futures to think about. At the same time how can we find cost efficient methods to fuel or appetite for our auto independence, our zest for new techno, etc... etc... etc.....

Anyway, I really need to just start reading up more on this horrid economic crisis our country is going through. Sad....such a great nation falling to its knees in the midst of the chaos overseas and the homefront.

Will elections '08 change things.

I wonder...............

No comments: