Thursday, May 22, 2008

Swamped with work

If I had a measuring tape I would see how high my pile of cases are because I am totally inundated with cases. Good and bad because it is def. job security bad in that you feel like you never get ahead. We had a backlog of 50,000 which our center is whittling down with all this god savin' overtime. Pacing myself is testing my patience but since I have no choice I have to suck it up.

Don't get me wrong here, I am ever so grateful to have a job, to meet my basic needs, to have the choice for overtime. I just felt the need to gripe a little bit as a means of a well-needed soul searchin' stress reliever.

Thank GOD I have a 3 day weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, a holiday, yes a 3 day weekend but I also understand what Memorial Day is for. As a veteran and knowing people serving in Iraq I realize the grave importance of this day. But as a citizen who is working extra hard to make ends meet I need a little respite to recharge my batteries. I sauntered on down to our little shoppette for a 5 hour energy drink but was sold out. Had to content myself with a couple of bags of peanut M&M's....enough of THAT habit..............

The last few days I am averaging 11 hours per day. My typical 8 hour work day is a faded memory....another week of this and then no additional overtime unless we are allocated funds for it.

So it is a mixed quandary...great to have because it means extra dollars in my pocket, dollars that are losing their value, and it takes allot of energy to do that time.

A mixed blessing for sure.

No comments: