Saturday, May 17, 2008

Interviewing over the phone


Had a phone interview yesterday morning with the Indiana Small Business Administration. I was a wreck. Simba was meowing outside my bedroom door (acting like something sinister was after him) and distracting the hell out of me. I felt weird talking to a panel of women who I could not see or judge the looks on their faces. I apologized if I came out nervous (at the end of the interview) but they said I did just fine. BTW I hate interviews. Detest them with the same reverence I have for worms. I don't like to sit in front of someone and do a song and tap dance as to why I should be hired. My resume speaks for itself. Not to be cocky but just how it is. I have an excellent educational background, served in the military since I was 17, worked for NARA for over five and a half years. HIRE ME!

The final determination comes out of D.C., not the ladies. Same as with any federal job. Now I have to patiently wait until June for the results. If I don't get the job there are some higher GS positions here at NARA I am going to submit for.

Info on the SBA:

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government. Its purpose -- to aid, counsel, assist, and protect the interests of small business concerns; to preserve free competitive enterprise, and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
The Indiana SBA District Office delivers a variety of programs and services, including startup and operational assistance through small business training and counseling, financial assistance, business opportunities, such as government contracting, subcontracting, procurement, and much more.

BUSINESS SERVICES AVAILABLE• Free counseling, advice and information on starting and/or expanding a business is available through a network of 11 Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) , the Women's Business Centers (WBC) and 14 SCORE Chapters. Training and events are found in the Training Calendar. To speak with SBA, contact Paul Wyatt at 317.226.6730.

• If you have questions like: Where to start? How to start? Who can I talk to about starting? Request a Start-up Information package from Vernice Mathis at 317.226.6412.

FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE• Financial assistance is available for both new and existing businesses. Telephone Luann Lieurance at 317.226.7269.

Website:


No comments: