Thursday, July 10, 2008

Book I plan to buy

This story really touched my heart...I remember growing up having to defend my Puerto Rican heritage in school and then with my daughter being half African American and facing her own trials something I wish to share with my beloved child down the road:

One Drop My Father's Hidden Life--A Story of Race and Family Secrets
by Bliss Broyard

Two months before my father died of prostate cancer, I learned about a secret, but I had always sensed that there was something about my family, or even many things, that I didn't know. As a child, when I was left alone in the house, I would search through my mother's file cabinets and my father's study for elaboration, clarification, some proof . . .
Of what? I couldn't exactly say.


Website:
http://www.hachettebookgroupusa.com/books_9780316163507_ChapterExcerpt(1).htm

No comments: