Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catholic Singles Alumni Club

Interested in learning more about what the CSAC does? Had a question about the CSAC? Looking for free food this Sunday evening?

The Catholic Singles Alumni Club invites you to our General Meeting! We will have the General Meeting this Sunday, August 3rd from 5-7 PM at the Aquinas Institute of Theology (23 S Spring Ave; 63108 http://www.ai.edu ).

If you have any questions for the CSAC; please, bring them with you or email them in advance to Steve Valko at: valksr@yahoo.com

Learn more about the World Vision

Confessions of a Jellyfish: Self-criticism is often erroneous.

O Holy Ocean, Womb of Life,
God of the Bounding Main,
Hear this confession of my faults
And take away my stain.
You'll never put me on your list
Of saints and heroines,
Of creatures tough and
firm and sure --
Not me, I'm full of sins.
A Jellyfish! All gush and squish,
No sense of wrong or right,
First, one inch wide, then, with the tide
I grow huge overnight.
I have no backbone, and no guts,
No vigor of the will,
I vacillate with every wave,
Un-firm and volatile.
What's that? YOU LOVE ME AS I AM?
"A great transparent wonder?"
"Your tentacles all spark with strength?"
No, God! I'm just a blunder!
A gutless freak! A floating joke!
Not fish! Not made of Jelly!
YOU LOVE ME STILL?
Don't hate my shape?
Don't find me gross and smelly?
PRAISE GOD, ye ocean freaks and flukes,
Ye frightening creations!
The Love who made us loves us still,
Despite our reputations!
By: William Cleary, How the Wild Things Pray

http://www.archstl.org/laityandfamilylife

The CSAC is an organization dedicated to creating and maintaining an environment for its members that is conductive to the Development of productive social, cultural, civic and spiritual relationships in a Catholic setting.

Full membership is open to Catholics between the ages of 21 and 45 years of age who are eligible to marry in the Catholic Church. Friend of the CSAC memberships are available to anyone who doesn’t qualify for full membership. Dues for all members are $25 per year. The CSAC does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, creed or nationality. For those events where space is limited, preference will be given to members.

No comments: