Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Caseworker or Archival Researcher...maybe both?

I roughly complete 21 cases a day (sometimes more) equaling out to aboout 5,460 cases a year (but usually do a little more than that) from all branches of the Armed Forces (yes I earn my pay as a civil servant)....for those who think we sit at our desks all day and do nothing trust me we do....we keep quite busy. Sometimes on breaks I will relieve myself of duties by ranting such as I am doing right now but is all good.

I find at times I can become very frustrated with my job due to the fact an employee can easily become overwhelmed with the knowledge we are expected to retain (raise please) and the fact that there is simply so much to accomplish.

However, and here comes the sappy part....I gladly do my job because I know it serves the "greater good." The Archives keeps American history alive within our walls....we store millions of records from World War I to present day.....a part of America which can never be replaced along with her veterans.

Sooooo, I dedicate the new template to all the veterans out there, their families and my country....what a great place to live!

No comments: