Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bring me to Life...

I was listening to this song by Evanescence (at full volume--only way) while on my way to work and it got me to thinking again about what this song means to me. When I first heard it on the radio I was like "WOW!" It really spoke to my heart:

"how can you see into my eyes like open doors leading you down into my core where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold until you find it there and lead it back home."

(Wake me up)Wake me up inside(I can’t wake up)Wake me up inside(Save me)call my name and save me from the dark"

The simple raw intensity, the melody instantaneously drew me in....At times I have felt like this....lost, with no guidance and wanted someone to "bring me back to life." Lost within a shallow rat race where we become habitual creatures forgetting why we are here, who we are, forgetting the beauty all around....the price humanity has paid for all of its indiscretions..ok I am going cerebral again but still...............The lyrics could mean anything from this woman finding her true love to finding salvation through a spiritual journey. Whichever one you choose it's still pretty meaningful. Listening to the song makes you crave for more of this band:

No comments: