Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fashion and where you are at

My sister bought me this dress for the vacation in South Beach and it made me wonder (as my imagination does fly) in regards to fashion trends across the United States. One thing I have noticed about the Midwest is we tend to receive the current fashions at a slower pace than say the East or West Coast (a dressing down trend)....is it me or do Midwesterners tend to wear muted palette than say people who favor more bolder colors in Florida, the coast and even the Caribbean?

I noticed on my last trip to Miami even the houses reflect the laid back colorful atmosphere of the tropical state. Pastels of every hue and you feel a sense of energy. Homes here in the Midwest are just as muted as the fashion we wear. If I saw a bright pink house amidst a neighborhood of brick my first gut reaction would be (???) but in Florida would seem quite normal, or even New Orleans....So each section of the United States appears to have it's own unique style, flavor.

No comments: