Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Renewing America

The Democratic Convention will focus on the need to revitalize the image of America, Americans and our reputation at large. There is the fever of Renewing America's Promise.

For myself, a self-professed patriot who dearly loves her country....I am yearning for some well-needed change for my country...a better life for her citizens.

These past few years have really slammed hard our reputation overseas and created an internal struggle for the average American. I hurt for my country and many Americans are desperate for change.

Every day Americans will be appearing such as Iraqi Bronze Star recipient Koby Langley, and a laid off Michigan autoworker and another laid off North Carolina textile worker with mounting medical bills.

The 2008 convention will be a convention of firsts and will try to do my best to watch what I can when home:

"The 2008 Democratic National Convention will be a first-rate, technologically savvy Convention that will celebrate the strength of Barack Obama and the Democratic Party, the diversity we embrace, the values we share and our vision for America."

You can also check out the convention blog and keep up to date to the events scheduled and get an "inside" look at the process.

No comments: