Monday, November 19, 2007

Being the Center of Attention

Sometimes people think (I guess because of the way I look and what I accomplished in the past??????????????????????????????????) that I like to be at the center of attention (sometimes I do). To be honest most often I do not. I love working behind the scenes. I work on a team with the feds. I enjoy my autonomy and a sense of invisibility. Yeah, there are times I want that electrifying sensation of all eyes on me but not 24/7. Maybe if I had half of this narcissistic type of personality I would be more successful. I have often wondered at that. Me the dreamer...for I know that I am...if I had dreamt less and did more....my my my....what mountains I would have climbed and conquered.

What makes a person crave attention in this way? Are they missing some kind of modesty gene? Are they filled with some kind of gnawing hole where they must fill it with constant attention getting tactics to keep it at bay?


I am at a loss.


Someone please explain this to me.

No comments: