Thursday, November 8, 2007

Longer hair on older women

Many people think that because a woman is over 40 she should cut her hair short. I believe that if she can pull it off then: "you go girl!"

I am seriously thinking of just letting my hair grow. I need to find a way to look great and maintain my thick locks.

I decided to go ahead and let it just grow out the next few months because I feel I do not and should not be dictated to the whims of society fashion.

I went to Fantastic Sam's the other day and the man who cut my hair did not listen to what I had to say. I wanted my ends cut at an angle since I have very thick hair and I only asked for an inch to be cut.

Instead it seems he cut two and he did not do as I asked and my hair is not falling the way I want it to. Now I have to patiently let it grow out and trust me....................I shall NEVER return to that place.

Not only did he cut my hair in a way I hated....but he just HAD to relay his own political views on life and pretty much argue that mine were wrong. Here I was stranded in his chair really unable to say anything because well....he had my pride and joy in his hands.

I never liked him and he was the only one available. I should have just left and went somewhere else. It is so freaking hard to find a decent stylist.

Anyway, I think older women like me who wish to retain their long luxurious locks should be able to do so and to hell with anyone else who thinks older women should just keep quiet and do as they are told. Not this lady!

Jane Bullock had this to say regarding older women and beauty:

Ok, we’ve all heard this saying: "Women over a certain age should never have long hair, a ‘young’ hairstyle, short skirts, blue eye shadow," and so on. If you are my age (40-something) or older, you’ve probably been haunted by these same age-Nazi comments.
Well, I’ve adopted my own saying these days: "Attitude is everything!" That goes for age, "age-appropriate" hair styles, makeup, clothing, accessories, shoes, activities, and so on. Don’t let anyone tell you that you still can’t have a lot of fun at your particular age.

http://www.whylonghair.com/long-hair-care/growing-older-with-long-hair/
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip266.htm

No comments: