Saturday, November 17, 2007

The onset of life...

As I reach the pinnacle of my years...I think back to the accomplishments I made in my life and realize I still yearn to do so much more. An uncle of mine is currently studying for his Ph.D. in psychology. He plans to practice and develop his own clinic in Puerto Rico.

I admire this. I look up to people who strive to better themselves. My uncle, well he has faced many hardships yet despite this he continues moving forward.

I feel that no matter what your life circumstance is, if you have that fire burning within you....you will find a way to make your dreams come true...to pull yourself up by the bootstraps so to speak, and accomplish your goals.

I am currently fixing my resume to tailor it towards teaching. I want to make my past education and job experience as attractive as possible for a local college. I would like no.......I would love to teach part time. Since the 2nd grade I have always wanted to teach. Down the road through my journey that path was made more difficult. However, that yearning is still there...to partake in the academic process of creating a mindful of individuals who seek to better themselves and the world around them. To become part of the Ivory Tower again....God I miss it!

No comments: