Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Crock Pot Recipes

My mom bought me a crock pot for my 39th and I am planning to use it. My daughter is almost in tears now (though she is 19 and can cook if she wants also) because I rarely cook. I asked for kitchenware for Xmas. I will endeavour to become more motivated when it comes to cooking.

A co-worker sent me this site for recipes and will plan on using them for sure:


Easy Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Recipe


Vegetables
Choose your favourite mix of vegetables from:-


Frozen - these cook up just fine, will be soft but still seem to hold together.

Canned - same as frozen. Though tin peas really loose their color and go a grey sort of color.

Pre-Cut - fresh, pre-cut from the super-market (for when feeling lazy).

Fresh - cut into about 1 inch square pieces. Feel free to prepare the night before.

Meat
Legs (drumsticks), wings, maryland pieces. Even breast or thigh, if you don't like bones. 2¼–3¼lb (1–1½kg) this will serve 4 – 6.

Flavouring
Your favourite flavour of tin soup. Use the ‘Cream of ...’ type soups. Our favourite is cream of corn. Alternatively use one of those ‘Simmer Sauces’ – the ones you use for stir fry’s. We have found that the no name brand ones (which I don’t like in stir fry’s), work well and; they are cheap. Try ‘Honey Mustard’ – my favourite.

Optional Extras

Crushed garlic and/or ginger - teaspoon or two.Herbs - best put in during last hour of cooking- teaspoon or two.Salt and Pepper - added at end - to taste.

DIRECTIONS
Chuck the Vegies in first, put the chicken on top, pour in the soup and pop on the lid. That’s it. Nothing else.Do not add any water, the enclosed slow cooking will retain heaps.Add any of the optional extras.Cook for about 3–4 hours on high OR 6-8 hours on low.


Websites:

No comments: