Friday, November 9, 2007

Belonging to the VFW


The Veterans of Foreign Wars has a rich tradition in enhancing the lives of millions through its community service programs and special projects. From providing free phone cards to our nation's active-duty military personnel to raising money for the World War II memorial, the VFW is there, "honoring the dead by helping the living."



Because I served in Korea, I am entitled to be a member of the VFW. They also put out a monthly magazine and I shall be appearing in their December issue which I am excited about. I have to renew my membership next month and plan on doing so.



There are as many reasons to join the VFW as there are members. For some, it means enjoying the company of other veterans at a local VFW hall. For others, it is about supporting a good cause, allowing the VFW to advocate on their behalf for veterans’ rights.What would membership mean to you?

  • Camaraderie with others who have served
    A way to meet others concerned about your community
    Active support to programs that help deployed servicemembers
    Association with a group that has first-hand experience with the hardships of combat. A group that knows veterans come from all walks of life and have different experiences. A group where members are allowed to disagree with one another and still share the pride of having served on behalf of their country

Questions commonly asked by veteran's interested in joining:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And on this veterans day 2007, may I offer my congratulations as well as appreciation for all veterans!

American Bedu

Marianna said...

Thank you! I know I do miss serving.