Friday, November 23, 2007

What I have learned from being single

As mentioned in a previous posting, being single in the 21st Century is none too easy...(like it ever was)...but it appears to me that men and women (at least here in the good ol' USA) have these high unrealistic expectations of the opposite gender. Whatever happened to compromise, or just simply enjoying being together with no hidden agendas. Is Hollywood to blame? The high divorce rate? The Economy? Why not blame it on Bush...hey he is the scapegoat for many things (rightly so in some cases)...might as well tack on another.

Seriously though, what I find highly offensive is that there are some men out there who seem entitled to or expect an "extra treat" once they have dated you a few times. (And especially if they paid for your meal)...ladies always be courteous and offer to pay your half once in a while...I mean come on. There are women out there who want equal rights (and we should) yet expect a man to pay every single time on a date.......................What is all this? Is it part of natural selection? Desperation? What?????? (Talking about both men and women here)................

I remember when my parents met. They knew each other just for 8 months and now married 41 years. They were chaperoned the entire time together. With her coming from another country and a strict religious family dad was not getting to third base with her........

Anyway, it seems to me men and women are in such a rush to get to third base or even the alter some times (of course not all)........they fail to see the garden for its roses so to speak.....

People ask me why at 39 I have never married. I admit I have my own expectations but I will not settle and end up a grim statistic for the divorce rate here in my country. I would much rather never have married then be divorced.

It is 6:19am and have not had my morning cup of coffee as yet. Decided to come in to work in order to save my leave for Christmas. I promise my next posting will be much brighter.............

No comments: