Thursday, November 15, 2007

Vagabond of the World...

I have been quite fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel since I was say around 1 year of age. Never in my life did I think down the road I would have visited so many places and the countries I have seen.

In my heart I have always been in love with broadening my horizens both intellectually and spiritually. I feel that traveling to lands far different than what I am used to (i.e. delving outside my comfort zone)...gives me this kind of awakening I crave.

When I was unable to fly 'cross borders to lands unknown while immersed in college, I brought the world to me. I enjoyed meeting individuals from all walks of life, cultures, religions, creeds. I believe these people touched my life in many many ways. I met students from India, Malaysia, Syria, Argentina, Venezuela, Columbia...the list goes on and on...if I could not see the world, I brought the world to me.

As far back as I could remember even the faintest of memories...oh how I longed to explore my world. I read all the books I could which opened my eyes and my heart to places outside of Posey County, Indiana. I was enthralled by what I read. I wanted to be a part of it all...to meld myself into that of world traveler. If I had the means I would most definitely spend my time visiting non-touristic places all around this gorgeous world of ours. I want to meet regular people like myself...what makes them tick...brings joy, tears, laughter. My heart aches to once again leave the safety of these shores and become a vagabond of the world...

No comments: