Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Seeking new horizons

I love my job....since I was a kid I wanted to work for the feds. However, I always dreamt of teaching. SOooooooo.........I am going to apply for a part-time position at one of the community colleges here in town. I feel that if I do alright (I am sure I will), and am comfortable in that environment then I will apply for a full time position. I really enjoyed academia while attending college. I was a graduate assistant and also helped to establish the International Student Organization at Indiana State University. I really missed working with students, being in that environment. Time to quit talking and act.................plus a little prayer here and there will help.

When in the army, I was rated on my talents and knowledge as a non-comissioned officer in the intelligence field and recommended to apply for an instructor position or become a commissoned officer. WHY I did not do it.....many reasons but now that I am "free" to dabble in a path of my choosing I will forge ahead and submit my app...cross my fingers.............:-)

No comments: