Friday, April 25, 2008

Following through

Maybe because I am an "older" vet....maybe because I will need a medical waiver to get back in but the recruiter (I use the term loosely on this one) cost me a lost job opportunity as an AGR and wanted ME to pick up my military medical records from the regional office in town has soured me big time. I hope no other veteran who served their country honorably and proudly has to go through what I did.

I am filing a formal complaint through the Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) regarding this recruiter....they have asked me to send in my military information and I am also sending information regarding my horrid experience with this recruiter. For one I DID get the job with the AGR (Active Guard and Reserve) in Iowa but due to the fact I did not get processed into the Army (like I was led to believe I would) I lost it. The recruiter stated everything was in order. He actually wanted me to go to the regional VA office to pick up my own medical records. Uhhhhh.........that's YOUR job buddy........NOT mine. There are valid reasons in place as to why recruiters are suppose to pick up such records. I had to keep after him on my application. I served honorably, I have advanced degrees and I held 3 military jobs. As a non-commissioned officer we were advised that to keep our stripes we had to diversify ourselves so I did and I did it well.

For me I believe in action....if you complain about an issue and it is a valid complaint and you don't follow through then I see you as a whiner not a doer.

Life is short like this blog is always babbling about........................................

Following through means just that......get an answer and make sure you did 200% in finding it.

NO veteran should be treated in such a disrespectful manner!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad sometimes we give so much but we run unrecognized

Marianna said...

No kidding. I have 8 years to retirement for the military pension and it never ceases to amaze me how people are discriminated against on a variety of levels. But the key is if you have a dream....you follow it...you stoke that fire and run.