Saturday, April 5, 2008

Has dating etiquette gone out the back door?

I was in a long term relationship for almost a decade so you can pretty much tell I am a little on the rusty side when it comes to dating again.

I went out with a guy (who makes more money than I do by a long shot) and he offered to pay for our meal (when I spoke up and told him I would be paying for my half)...however when the bill came he "faked" not being able to read the bill and had me take a look at it.

Inside I was thinking: "WTF?"

If you are offering to pay why should I take a look at the bill? Are you letting me know that the date was expensive or is this some Neanderthal way of beating your chest saying:
LOOK how much you co$t me?
Anyway, I had previously ordered something that was not expensive because I knew I was going to pay my half.

I was utterly shocked at this behavior and never experienced anything so retarded in my life. He said earlier during the dinner that he wore glasses however that night he was wearing his contacts.

So, dummy me I let it slide...but then we go out again and he does the same thing ---I simply just had to let him know we were not compatible.

I don't play those games.

I don't mind going dutch but don't lead a woman on thinking you are picking up the tab then pull a damn stunt like that. I went ahead and paid my half for the last date we had together but after that experience his ass hit the curb. Tacky, plain tacky.

No comments: