Monday, April 7, 2008

The gift of laughter


When you work long hours like we do here (i.e. overtime) or the amount of casework we go through in a week: 110 cases (average) for me. A sense of humor goes a long way.

Thankfully (& OMG I am so thankful) my team gets along pretty well.

In the five and a half years I have worked for NARA I have seen some serious backstabbing going on in my Core. Sad in allot of ways. Quite immature in others. I don't see the point of such office gossip or meanness.

We tend to laugh quite a bit on our team and man oh man it can make a long day more bearable. I overhear people at times wishing that they were part of our team, others who honestly believe have an attitude that we're "all that" (must be the jealousy) overall I can say our team gets along with most people on the Core. There are individuals though on the Core who seem to have a chip on their shoulder, are blatantly racist...name it I am quite sure I could find someone on the Core who exhibits such negativity. I don't see the point coming into work with such horrid attitudes. We have to be here 8 hours a day so why make it worse on yourself?


For others?

If you have personality issues about someone then talk to them not behind their back. That kind of crap is high school................not for a professional workplace.

I would much rather laugh and actually enjoy coming in instead of always being freaking paranoid about something or another.

I mean what the hell?

Obviously there just are certain individuals who should invest some extra money seeing a shrink instead of taking out their aggression on fellow employees.

Trust me this civil servant doesn't' get paid enough to be someones psychiatrist.

Life is short and meant to be enjoyed....wherever you are and yes even at work.

Laughter, humor it is a gift.

Something to give freely.
I enjoy partaking in such joviality...who wants to work in such a bland environment? Coming to work should not be a chore. I enjoy working here and my team mates create a positive work environment and makes being here all the more worthwhile.

3 comments:

BrianTheGirl said...

I love our team :)
I am constantly bragging that we all get along and we flow really well. We get our work done and we also have a lot of fun.
I couldnt ask for a better team or a better neighbor here at work.

Anonymous said...

Me either...neighbor! :^)

Luisa said...

I think you may find interesting this lecture on sense of humour
http://www.tariqramadan.com/article.php3?id_article=1114