Monday, April 7, 2008

Remembering the past

I have allot of fond memories of Indiana State University. I became more active at my alumni than any time in high school. I miss the people I grew close to while there. I graduated in 2001. Sometimes feels like a lifetime ago.........

I was co-founder of the Indiana State University International Student Organization. I felt being a part of this organization was a wonderful opportunity to expand my horizons.

We brought together students from all over the globe... (Russia, China, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Puerto Rico, Mexico, South Korea, India, Pakistan: many many places) to have a voice on campus. To bring together all nationalities and enjoy being together. If they needed help in anything that was one of our missions...we also put together a dance, fashion show and dinner. I will always remember being an MC for this event.

We hired Apollo, a DJ with a local radio station to kick of the hits from around the globe. The dance was a success. In addition, students created authentic dishes from their homeland, we also had a nice fashion show with students dressed in their colorful traditional garb.

I always enjoyed bringing together people in this format.

If I cannot travel the world...I bring the world to me.

No comments: