Thursday, April 24, 2008

Searching for one's ancestors

I want to know where I came from. Since I was a little girl this has been a keen passion of mine. I want to know my lineage....what makes me well...."me."

One place a person can look to is the Internet. It contains a vast wealth of possible resources. Ancestory.com gives a person insight and a wonderful starting point for researching lost relatives.

I plan on filling mine in...who knows...may find people I never knew who come from the same tree....

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I found my great-grandmother and great-grandfather on Ellis Island once...

I've often thought it would be fun to see if there were any family connections left in Lithuania. But the Soviets killed and deported such a large proportion of the population, it's not very likely I'd find any.

Marianna said...

For me I have ancestors in Corsica, Spain, Ireland and England. I am hoping to narrow down my search. I do have a bible my grandmother gave me which dates back to the early 1800's. I will try and find them online if possible. St. Louis has a historical society and that is another possible route I can take. Good luck with your search Jeff!