Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Overtime and calculating when it is a profit...or not

One thing I have learned about overtime...though the hours can be nice you have to think about when does it not become a profit for you? Meaning, at one point does all that money (ok...just some of it) goes into Uncle Sam's fat pocketbook? You have to calculate when all those vested hours become wasted simply because you are not going to get a greater return on your time invested. I learned that the hard way when a third of my overtime pay was taken out for taxes.

Overtime has been offered for these next two weeks and I must say it has come at a critical time when I have my plates due along with property taxes for this car of mine. I am ever so grateful for my new car I just do not see the point in paying property tax every year when it is not a house or land.

I will have to ensure I don't burn myself out thinking I will get a greater return in my next paycheck. Have to keep my enthusiasm in check. :^)

No comments: