Monday, April 14, 2008

Traveling overseas

I miss it terribly.

I kind of think the Army spoiled me.

The last country I had the fortune to visit was Oman and this was over 2 years ago....where has the time gone? I remember when I initially landed in Seoul, South Korea at Osan I was like wow! Here I was at barely 18 years of age in a country totally foreign to what I was accustomed to.

I never took for granted the opportunities laid at my feet via the military. When I had the chance to visit the Middle East in 2006 I grabbed at it. How could I NOT?

Now I am itching to pack my bags and venture off again to parts unknown. A real adventure of my own making.............I really miss the excitement of meeting new people...being exposed to a whirlwind of novel ideas, customs, languages different than Midwest, USA.

Time will tell but I will find a way to travel once again........................

Satisfy this wanderlust.

No comments: