Sunday, June 22, 2008

Going to the gym

If I can beat the severe thunderstorm heading our way (sigh yes).....I will trot off to the gym.....trying to wake up at the moment....because I usually am up around 5:30am or 6am every morning for work I want to sleep in on the weekends at least a little bit. Sipping on some coffee and will grab a couple of Vitamin B-12 tabs to chew on...invigorate myself.

I am excited to take my IPOD there for the first time (squeal)....ok ok.....corny but hey....at least I will have the motivational music I like to spur me into action.

I feel that certain types of music when coupled with exercise will burn more calories.

Why?

Because it makes your blood pump more and you want to remain longer.

Interesting info on the subject:

----One valuable way for you to use music is as a pre-exercise stimulus. The majority of the studies suggest that music may significantly increase respiration rate and moderately elevate heart rate so why not use some good music you enjoy to prepare yourself.

----Slower, sedative music decreases a person's muscular fitness potential.

----Music is found to improving gross motor (complex movements) skills, such as proper jogging skills.

----As music improves gross motor skills with the complement of music or rhythmic stimuli it can aid any rehabilitation process.

With all this in mind I do hope that I can continue on the same healthy path whiles listening to my vast genre of my favorite songs.....moving right along.


Source: http://zinaan.blogspot.com/2007/08/motivational-music-exercise.html

No comments: