Saturday, June 7, 2008

Looking back

It is human nature to look back on one's accomplishments.....seeing where you came from....so that you know where you are headed.

Scary hmmm?

Yes and no...............

I find it hard to believe some of the events I've gone through in my life...from my stint in the Army, stationed overseas, visiting the Middle East, having a child, college...images, feelings, sensations, moments caught up in what it means to exist.

My existence....no one else can claim these experiences, thoughts, triumphs, defeats----but me.

I own these victories, losses...all of it.

Once I thought myself a victim of circumstance but slowly....slowly I am coming into my own...I think such thoughts develop wisdom....it isn't simply just knowledge but what you gained...what you take with you as you time travel through life.....to where your final destination leads you, me...all of us.

1 comment:

rivalbro said...

Very true, you made me think about my own accomplishments, and I'm so greatful for them to happen when they did, made me become as balanced as I am today.