Thursday, June 19, 2008

Putting things into perspective

I come into work and just found out one of my co-workers (who I have known since I came here back in 2002) had to evacuate her home due to a levee breaking in Winfield. I cannot imagine what those people are going through right now thinking about losing their homes. Not like our nation doesn't have enough to deal with at this time.

She is hard up in many ways and for her to have to go through this is heart-breaking.




Makes me put my own life in perspective.





I have been feeling down the last few days for a variety of reasons but hearing about this incident made me realize how lucky I have it and the circumstances I am currently in are in my control.





Right now the Midwest is facing hardship due to heavy rains and floods.





We cannot control these random acts of nature but we can control our own.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------


(KSDK) -- The worst fears of the Army Corps of Engineers have come to fruition: a massive levee breach has occurred near the town of Winfield.
The 150-foot wide breach happened just east of Winfield along Pillsbury Road. Water is now flowing towards the city's secondary levee at a rapid rate.

...............Winfield is located 47 miles north of St. Louis.

Website:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=148438&catid=131

No comments: