Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ironman


I was actually quite impressed with the movie and will be buying the DVD. It did not drag as some movies are wont to do of late towards the beginning. I was immersed from the opening. Initially I was doubtful if Robert Downey Jr. could pull off this role but he actually did a wonderful job. Of course I ate my own words later on. Downey definitely has quite the range of acting skills. I can still remember him from the 1980's and the roles he had then. The man has grown up and grown up well..............

With Ironman, I was on the edge of my seat half the time--ok most of the time.

I enjoyed the rapport between Downey and all the characters. The graphics were wonderful and believable. Reading up on the development of Tony Stark I came to find out Stan Lee modeled this man from the eccentric Howard Hughes. I can see Hughes in Stark via the inventor/creativeness of this make-believe man. Eccentric billionaire Stark has a change of heart in more ways than one....embracing the true essence of a super hero in angst.

I enjoyed the comic relief that was present at opportune moments throughout the film. A definite 10 for this lady.

I have always been an avid comic book fan especially of Marvel. I wait with bated breath for the Avengers.

Website:
http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com/

1 comment:

Zaathros said...

I also enjoyed the movie. I had many "oh boy!" moments. My one complaint is the Avengers bit at the end was too short, nice tease but give me a little more please!