Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tornadoes and MORE Tornadoes

I was getting ready to leave my shift at 2:30 and the tornado siren goes off. Our siren is across the street, belongs to the facility. Sounds just like an air raid siren.

My first words out of my mouth were "Dammit!"

Yes, when the occasion hits I will curse.

So we were herded out like buffalo into the hallway to wait it out. Half an hour later we were released...I was high tailing it out of there when we were held up again so I waited in my car for the front gate to open.

The thunder, lightening and rain was torrential to say the least.

I wonder how much more of this weather I can take.

Time to build an arc!

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Strong storms bring more rain and strong winds to parts of Missouri.
The latest wave of storms hit on Friday and drenched the state from southwest Missouri up through the St. Louis area.
The Washington County Sheriff's Department says there are reports that a tornado touched down near Richwoods, about 65 miles southwest of St. Louis. No damage was immediately reported.
Several other funnel clouds, including some in south St. Louis County, were reported.
The sudden rain caused some flash flooding, including reports of deep water causing gridlock on Interstate 44 near Fenton in southwest St. Louis County.
Several counties were under flash flood warnings and tornado warnings for parts of the day.
About 2,800 AmerenUE customers lost power during the storm.

Website:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=147673&catid=3

No comments: