Monday, June 23, 2008

Living for life

Living for life....yeah...I think about deep soul searching issues such as this....why....I guess I'm just very introspective.

Living for life means living for you, for your family, for humanity.

It means what is best for you, for this planet, setting goals for yourself.

Living for live is giving back a small part of who you are.

Leaving behind a legacy.

I look at my daughter and see that my legacy will live on...and that of my parents through her---grandchildren and future decedents. A culmination of all our triumphs, and defeats, timeless laughter, mind bending joys, tearful goodbyes....sensations of a precious life.

I wonder if they will one day realize of how I too once loved, dreamed, saw....memories of a bygone life passed down through all time.

My grandchildren will know of me....I will hopefully live one day...to see that smile---see a part of me there living and loving again.

Like watching a movie unfold in rapid sequence----of grand dreams, bright sunny days, refreshing rain, of flowers and travels, smells, tastes, touch----simple things of ice cream, and crayons, first loves, school, marriage, and the cycle goes on...

...and the cycle goes on....

No comments: